Clerk Of Courts
directions & maps
common pleas local rules
court of appeals local rules
family court local rules
typical title trans.
probate title transactions
Trumbull County Search
Warren Municipal Search
||Trumbull County Clerk of Courts
161 High Street, N.E.
Warren, Ohio 44481
||Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How to File a New Appeal
- $150.00 Filing Fee or an Affidavit of Indigency
- Need an original and three (3) copies of the Notice of Appeal, Docketing Statement, Instructions for Service, and
Journal Entry being appealed.
- Need one (1) copy of the Complaint from the lower court case.
NOTE: The Notice of Appeal must be filed with the Clerk of Courts of the lower court where the judgment originated. Example: If the judgment entry was from Warren Municipal Court, then you must file your appeal with the Clerk of Warren Municipal Court.
You can get a standardized form for filing a
Notice of Appeal and a
for Service by clicking on these links or at the Clerk of Courts Office
How to File an Original Action
An original court of appeals action is directly filed with the Clerk of Courts Office.
There is no appealable judgment entry.
To file an original action complaint you need an original and one (1) copy for each person to be served. You also need to file three (3) copies for the Court
How to File a Motion
To file a Court of Appeals motion you need to file an original motion and three (3) copies
How to File a Brief
To file a Court of Appeals brief you need to file an original brief and four (4) copies.
- Copies are $0.05 per page which must be paid in advance
- Only the counsel of record may sign out the transcripts for a court of
appeals case and only for a period of fourteen (14) days. No files are permitted to be signed out.
- The Clerk of Courts Office located in the Trumbull County Court House
accepts the filings for appeals cases originating in Trumbull County only. This includes Trumbull County Common Pleas cases and
Trumbull County lower court cases. Cases originating outside of Trumbull County but are still in the 11th District of the
Court of Appeals jurisdiction, must be filed with the Clerk of Courts in the county where they originated. Example: If a case
originated in Ashtabula County, then the Notice of Appeal must be filed in Ashtabula County.
- The counties within the jurisdiction of the 11th District
Court of Appeals are as follows:
Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, Portage, and Trumbull counties
- The address for the main office for the 11th District Court
of Appeals is as follows: